We want what you want for your children - for them to have the best possible start in life. That's why we will never stop campaigning to make real differences to the lives of mothers and their families:
- All mothers are entitled to 52 weeks maternity leave, of which 39 weeks is paid, while fathers can get 14 days paid paternity leave
- There is now a Sure Start Children's Centre in every community throughout the UK, including 16 Centres in Lewisham. The Tories say they will cut funding for Sure Start and reduce the services that these Centres offer.
- Every three and four-year-old has the right to a free nursery place, which covers up to 12.5 hours per week over 38 weeks of the year. This will rise to 15 hours per week in September.
- Labour has introduced the right to request flexible working for parents with children under the age of 16 years.
- Labour's Working Tax Credit provides help with childcare: up to £300 per week.
- Labour guarantees an appointment with a specialist within two weeks of referral, for all women with breast problems, not just those with suspected breast cancer.