Objections were based on:
• a Sainsbury's would have a negative impact on existing local shops, particularly those that sell similar items;
• at least seven local businesses could close as a result;
• economic blight;
• Honor Oak has a number of small shops, which gives it a local community 'village-like' atmosphere;
• three Sainsbury’s can already be found within a 5-10 minute drive from the application site;
• the effect delivery lorries will have upon existing parking and passing traffic;
• the standard of residential accommodation and rear extension.
Unfortunately the letters that went to local residents about the proposal development only referred to 57 and 59 Honor Oak Park, not number 55. Therefore the consultation is flawed and will need to be extended.